Google is hiring creating opportunities for Senior Network test Engineer, Wide-Area Network.
Google is hiring Senior Network Test Engineer, Wide-Area Network
- 6 years of experience in Network Infrastructure Devices, Network Operations, IP Backbone, Routing Protocols, IPv4, Monitoring Systems, TCP/IP, IPv6.
- 6 years of experience Network Configuration, Network Infrastructure, Software Development, Automated Testing, Network Test Automation, Test Automation Framework, Test Design, Test Frameworks, Test Planning.
- Experience with Go programming language.
- Experience with configuring network routers and switches.
- Experience with troubleshooting network devices.
- Knowledge of Basic Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking protocols.
- Understanding of network device control plane and management plane.
- Familiarity with one or more network device operating system.
Google is hiring – About the Job
Because of the size and complexity of our computing tasks, we are forced to build all of our own hardware instead of purchasing it. The hardware, software, and networking technologies that support all of Google’s services are created and constructed by our Platforms Team. You ensure that our extensive and expanding network is performing to its fullest capacity as a networking test engineer. You have practical experience dealing with sophisticated networking hardware, a solid grasp of networking protocols, expertise in test design and implementation, and training in IP network design. Your responsibility is to ensure that Google’s cutting-edge technology can operate at scale.
The architecture that the Technical Infrastructure team created to keep it functioning is what our users see online. We enable Google’s product portfolio by creating and maintaining our data centers as well as the newest Google platforms. We take great pride in becoming our engineers’ engineers and enjoy nullifying warranties by disassembling products so we may reassemble them. We maintain our networks to give our users the finest and quickest experience possible.
- Create solutions for wide-area routed network testing for a hyper-scale global network that spans numerous sites and service providers.
- Automate test execution with traffic generators and various test devices.
- Run automated tests, set up lab equipment, and debug test failures.
- Investigate connectivity and configuration problems with network devices.
- Launch software updates on the network used for production.